Dr. Fatma’s Parental Tips
- Learn and research about your childs disorder.
- Observe your childs habits and what triggers difficult behavior.
- Be patient and focus on positive aspects.
- Be firm but friendly, keep directions, rules and explanations simple.
- Be consistent. Think outside the box. Use techniques at home to deal with challenging behavior modestly.
- Reward good behavior, and make time for fun.
- Provide a relaxing, safe, secure private zone for the child to get back to.
- Be fair. Know your childs unique strengths and weaknesses, interests, and skills your child lacks.
- Find various ways for help and support.